torsdag, september 23, 2010

The Lords Prayer

I went to a meeting a few days ago and the teaching were on prayer. We got a paper with some statements and we had to give every statement a number between 1 and 5. One statement was: When I pray my daily prayers I use the structure of the Lords prayer.
I wrote a 1 to that statement because I don´t do that. I don`t know if I ever even thought of the fact that there is a structure in the Lords prayer. The teaching said something about the disciples seeing Jesus praying to the Father and really wanted to learn to pray the same way and therefore one of them aksed Jesus; Teach us to pray. Jesus gave them the Lords prayer. That means there is something special about that prayer that I do not know about. So yesterday I talked with a friend about it and today I wrote some of it down. So I really want to find out what is so special about that prayer.
The key is to pray the holy spirit to teach us to pray. So I will do that :)
But I also want to find out what the structure is.
What I have found this far is that the Lords prayer is devided into 8 prayers. The first 4 is about the Lord. The next 3 prayers are about us humans and than the last prayer is giving glory to God. Amen!

God is good and he is teaching me to pray. I am looking forward to see what he will teach me.
God bless you, my friend! :)

1 kommentar:

Laila sa...

Dette minne meg om et lite hefte eg leste ein gang. "Timen som forandrer verden - og deg selv" av Arild Edvardsen der han tar utgangspunkt i Fader vår for å be te sammen ein time gjennom alle delene. Veldig inspirerende :)